Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Grilled Pizza

I just can't help myself....I am jonesing for pizza, and not just any old pizza either.  I want a homemade whole wheat crust, and maybe a Thai chicken one at that.  I just cranked out two recipes--one for the whole wheat crust and the other for all the Thai additions.  I'm trying to avoid white flour in hopes of being a tad more healthy, hence the whole wheat recipe.  I only need a couple more things (more like 5 but whatever--they're small) so I may get to crust making right after my coffee in the morning.  I can't coffee and make crust, since it takes me a little while to get my motor running these days.  Since tomorrow is supposed to be a mere 102, I might just cook my pizza outside, either on the grill or on the BGE.  Or...the pavement might work also.   The thought, though, of firing that egg up to 600 degrees just makes me wilt, so I may use the grill instead.  No way am I firing up the oven--not....on.... your... life.

I might even make several different kinds of mini pizzas, and see what we like best.  I think a pesto chicken pizza, with fresh grilled veggies could definitely do it for me, in addition to the Thai.  We may just have a DIY pizza bar.  I bought two different goat cheeses--one herbed, one plain, and prosciutto.  I have the chicken and pesto all ready, so now it's just the dough, and a few fresh veggies to chop, and I'm done.  Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment