Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, July 7, 2011

I miss Muff

I'm in a bit of a confused quandary this morning.  I've realized I am missing the Muff Man (deceased cat) more than I'd like to admit, and I'd get another one in a NY minute except for these things: 1) cat fur everywhere 2) litter box 3) cat food 4) cat food cat breath.   I miss his hilarious personality, his soft silky self, and his unique catness....like when I'd be reading and he'd walk between me and the book, and nonchalantly lie down, on my book or newspaper.  OK...maybe that behavior is not so unique but it's still hilarious to me in it's cat like quality.  Muff would look me straight in the eye as he did this, as if it was just fine, and not bothering HIM in the slightest.

   I saw a red Abyssinian cat on a TV commercial do the exact same move, and it made me want to grab him through the TV and rub his ears, just like I used to do to Muff.  And Muff was a talker in his later years, and I miss that..... a little.  Yak, yak, yak..... especially if something didn't suit him or he wanted me to sit down and hold him.  He'd even squawk at me when he was ready to go to bed and wanted me to get in with him, so he could get under the covers in his "cat tent".  Boy, you know you are whipped when your cat is telling you when to go to bed, and you do it.

Now, while I miss Muff, I really don't want to go back to cat keeping--I just want all of the fun, and none of the hassle.  Sort of like grandparenting, only with a cat.  Maybe I'll just go find a cat on our block and play with it, or go play with one at Petco--and then go home.  Minus the cat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment