Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Happy 84th

Happy Birthday to my mom on her 84th b-day.  I ran by before lunch to see her and she was doing well, after having had a friend visit and bring her a beautiful purple orchid.  Mom loves orchids more than anything and has always had them until the problem of remembering to water them came up.  Since then, real orchids have been few and far between simply because I can't always manage to water hers on a schedule when they need it.  I tend to over water anyway, and one of mine recently dropped a lot of it's petals for that very reason.  Mom's orchids always looked great, way back when, but she may also have used the pitch and replace theory.  That's pretty much what I'm down to these days.  If I kill it, I just go get another one.

My sister and I sent her some beautiful flowers that had arrived before I got there.  I think every gal deserves flowers on her birthday and if nobody else sends them to you, then, hell, send them to yourself.  I think you're worth it.  And don't go pick them up either.  Have them delivered.  That just takes flowers to a whole other level. 

Sister has returned the roost after an early morning visit to the Vet, for blood work.  According to her dad, one of the Vet Tech's came and got her and took her to the back, since she had to stay for awhile.  The next thing he knew, Sis was blowing through their swinging door at warp speed, collar-less, and ears flying, trying to escape and find her dad, to take her home.  He said she was jumping up on her hind legs, bouncing, begging him not to make her stay.  The Vet Tech was hot on her heels, freaked that she had escaped.  Clearly they had underestimated her.  When she wants to move, she is fast as greased lightening. 

When I got home a bit ago, there she was in one of the den chairs, resting after her ordeal.  The more I loved on her, the squealier she got, so thrilled to have returned home to her kingdom, and all of her subjects.  Now she's napping.  She's had a rough day.

No comments:

Post a Comment