Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Parkland Update

I am so excited I could just scream!  I got a call last week from a gal we've gotten to know in the fundraising area, inviting us to a lunch and preview of the new Parkland and while neither Bruce nor I can make it tomorrow, I told them I'd love a rain check.  The part that has me the most excited is to see the rooms they have already built out so donors can see what actual patient rooms will look like.  For a hospital junkie like me, that's just almost more than I can stand.  From what Cindy told me, the rooms look like the last thing you'd expect to see in a county/city hospital, and are state of the art.  OK....now I am drooling....  She said they are beautiful, functional, and something that Dallas can be proud of and patients can be comfortable in, for a long time to come.

Which brings me to this:  I've heard some people say they think "a really nice hospital is something the poor don't and won't appreciate--they'll just tear it up."  And my response to that is, may you be poor immediately, and for a log time to come, so you may have the experience of walking a mile in their shoes.  I think beautiful clean, lovely, surroundings lifts any one's spirits while in the hospital, and who might be more deserving of that than someone who is ill and under served?  Will any hospital take a beating from constant use?  Of course, and Parkland sees more patients than any other hospital in this town.  The staff benefits, the community benefits, we all benefit.  It's just a win-win. 

When you think of giving, please consider the P.  Who knows?  You might be there next.

No comments:

Post a Comment