Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sis...Career Woman?

Someone around here is so bored and so sick of the heat, that even chasing the birds in the front yard has lost it's thrill.  Never mind there are lots of them to chase, since they are noshing on bugs in the grass, but it just seems to have lost it's thrill...even in the shade.  She just hung up her "Not Interested" sign, and has climbed up in the chair with me, such that I am literally perching on the seat edge, as I type.  If she's this bored and sick of the heat now, what in this wide world am I going to do with her in August??  Fred will kill me if I sign her up for doggie day care and I'm not getting into the "having a dog over to play" stuff.  A doggie Play Group?  Uh, no.

But I have promised to take her to PetsMart, later this afternoon, when it hits a balmy 106 or so.  She has a gift card she doesn't know about, and she's going to get to spend every damn dime if she wants to, on toys....any kind of toys..... as long as she likes them, and they keep her busy.  Plus, she'll get to see some other puppies, ride in the car, and sniff all over the store, so I'm thinking that should rate as a red letter day in her dog book.

The problem is, someone else spoils her all weekend.  He lets her do anything and everything.  They hunt together all day long Saturday and Sunday, and together are a squirrel killing machine.  He let's her roam all over, while he does yard workShe roams over to Freddie's (her BF), and eats alley trash She is in dog heaven for a full forty eight hours--and then Monday comes.  And he leaves her.  And I get her.  And I don't let her roam all over, and I don't squirrel hunt either, thank you.  Now, I know she loves me....she's nudging me right now to love on her, rub her ears, and just give her the usual all over scratch.  But next to squirrel hunting and trashing, that's pretty small potatoes, folks.  I am just no competition.  Maybe she just needs to go to the office with him.  Yeah, that's it.  She'd love that and when she's not napping, she could be the official office greeter--like the greeters at Walmart.  I think it's a smart career move, Sis.

No comments:

Post a Comment