Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer TV

My head is still spinning this morning.  First the Casey Anthony verdict, then an episode of the Real Housewives of New Jersey.  OMG.  The latter was a slow death, by tackiness, and the worst part was, I found myself  totally unable to turn the channel.  I think I was probably in shock, and just too stunned.  Watching the husbands shoot skeet off the front porch of a family owned mountain cabin, all boozed up, was a little too Jethro Bodine for me. 

  Those NJ gals all need to be sent to another country, with their spouses, and just left there.  Word on the street is that the Beverly Hills and New York Housewives shows are pretty hilarious, so I might give those a shot, but NJ is permanently off my radar.  Bleeeech.  I was on that particular channel so I wouldn't miss Million Dollar Decorator's, at 9 PM.  Now, Million Dollar Decorators was fairly hilarious and entertaining, and the stuff that went on is exactly what I figured goes on, behind the scenes of design projects.  At one point, a designer has the tacky tile floor of a restaurant dug up, two feet down into the dirt, to replace it with a more esthetically pleasing antique, reclaimed wood floor.  Why down to the dirt??  That was a total fubar, on his part, and then he tries to get the client to cough up $50,000 more, for the wood floors, and the client says "no thanks".  Can't wait to see what happens with that.  Hark....is that a cement mixer I hear in yonder parking lot??

No comments:

Post a Comment