Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, July 8, 2011

Sometimes it's just the little things...

Somebody messed up her ribs--again--I think doing the ab/crunch machine at the gym, and then doing the machine for her obliques.  That twisty one-- from hell.  Yep....I did, and now I'm spending lots of time with the Advil and Tylenol Extra Strength bottle, and a bag of frozen peas on my left, lower back, ribs.  This is a really bad time for a body breakdown especially when you consider I ate two servings of peach cobbler over the 4th and a small bowl of Fred's ice cream.   Luckily for me, yesterday I went to my chiropractor and got all my ribs put back where they should be, and though I'm still really sore, I can breathe without feeling like someone is stabbing me from behind, or in the front, near your collar bone.  I found out lots of people share my rib issues and here I was thinking I was unique...NOT. 

I've been told to wave a big fat permanent adios to some of the gym machines, and frankly, I'm just fine with that.  I can still do the leg and some of the arm ones, as long as they don't crank on my ribs.  That doesn't hurt my feelings one bit. The rest can be weights and lunges, the ab crunch ball for way too many tortures, and all those stacked steps with weights....ahhhhh.....makes me tired and sweaty just thinking about it.

Today my sister and I took mom out to lunch and while I'm glad we did, it was far from easy.  She has a really hard time climbing in and out of the car and I could only imagine her plopping down on the concrete and us trying to hoist her back up.  She is just dead weight when that happens but luckily, she made it over and back, with no "plops".  She cracked me up at lunch when the waiter came and asked us what we'd like to drink.  I turned to her to ask her "do you want ice tea, a coke, water?" and she got this huge grin on her face and said she'd have a margarita AND a glass of water.  I said "Frozen?" and she said "You bet".

The minute the waiter left, she wanted to know where that margarita was....I think she asked me twice, before he finally made it back with it, and put it down in front of her.  She told me it had been two years since she'd had one, and with that, she started sucking on her straw.  I don't think I have ever seen someone enjoy one more....my sister and I just started howling.  I figured she was headed for a big old brain freeze but she did just fine.  And don't think for a second she left one drop of it in the glass, before we left.  Oh, No, baby...she picked up that glass and slurped down the last little bit.  If I hadn't been worried about her falling, hell.....I'd have ordered her another one-- for dessert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment