Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Frank

I am still smiling over a phone call I got last night, regarding mom.  It seems that one of the Concierge's at the Plaza takes a real interest in all of the old ladies over there, and mom happens to be on of the ladies Frank loves.  He asked my sister and I yesterday if he had our permission on Wednesdays and Fridays, to make sure mom got to go to movie night, over on the Assisted Living side, with her old band of buddies.  To say that we were thrilled is an understatement.  We didn't know about movie night or it's big deal status for mom, or we'd have tried to set something up earlier.  Franks said as long as he was on duty on those nights, he'd get her over there and make sure someone else walked mom back to the Alzheimer side, after the movie was over.  He's off before movie night ends.

Last night, he called to tell me he'd gone to get mom, had taken her over, and when she saw the old crew, she cried.  Now, Frank does have a flair for the dramatic, so I don't really know if she did or not, and frankly, who cares.  As long as she had fun and enjoyed it, I couldn't be more appreciative of his efforts.  I just called my sister to fill her in and she said this:  "Well, I sure hope someone like Frank is looking out for me when I get to be mom's age", and we both laughed.  Soooo true.  Between a margarita and movie night, I think mom had a great day yesterday.  Good for her!

Frank also supplies one of the ladies over there with crossword puzzles.  She adores them and he keeps Xerox copies of them in the drawer at the front desk for her.  But here's the clincher:  he gives her the same puzzle every time, and she just loves it.  She doesn't know the difference.  Frank is a piece of work to say the least and, please, God, let me have a Frank when I get old.

No comments:

Post a Comment