Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July prep

I am on it....I am on the peach cobbler making like white on rice.  My Fredricksburg peaches are thawing and my pie crust is, too.  I'm going the total cheater route and using premade frozen Pillsbury pie crusts so I can get up tomorrow, have my coffee, put the whole thing together and pop it into the oven, and be cobbler-ing after lunch.  In fact, cobbler could even be lunch, if all goes well.  In the interest of holding down the total caloric frenzy, I bought Bluebell vanilla frozen yogurt vs the real heavy duty homemade vanilla.  I figured the latter would blow any diet to hell and back.  For 100 calories per serving, it was worth it to cut a corner....any corner, somewhere. 

Fred is in the kitchen with Crashman, making the Mexican Chocolate ice cream as I type.  I can hardly go in there because by the time he's finished, every pan we own will be strung from one end of the kitchen to the other, all in the creation of one recipe.  He does seem to be enjoying himself, so I'll just zip it.

If you haven't seen "Bridesmaids", go see it tomorrow.  Fred did the donkey bray laugh and could hardly breathe he was laughing so hard.  It is hilarious and one part got him "braying" all over again, as we left the theater.  He saw two ladies still laughing so hard they were wiping their eyes, and that set him (and me) off, all over again.

That was supposed to be yesterday's post but...well...it just wasn't.  Fred has the ice cream freezer purring, as I sip my coffee--his recipe says to chill the the mix overnight, before popping it into the ice cream freezer, so certain directions must be followed.  Time to start my cobbler.

Today, I am grateful to be an American, making ice cream in my own home, before 9 AM.  Gotta love it.  The flags are out, lining our front walk, and the bunting is between the boys old bedroom windows.  While we live in an imperfect country, it's still the best there is.  Happy Birthday, USA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment