Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, July 9, 2010

Food Should Taste Good...and this does!

I know I haven't talked about food in awhile but this one I just have to discuss.  Bruce has the coolest friend ever, Brian Gooding, who is just this cook extraordinaire.  Or at least in the Smoked Gouda Chipotle Pimento Cheese realm, he is a God.  Bruce had mentioned to him awhile back that Pimento Cheese (PC) is one of those things that I will walk across hot broken glass for, as long as it's "good" PC.  None of that grocery store stuff with sugar in it. Noooooooo.  And Brian told him "well...I make a pretty mean one and I smoke the jalapenos (chipotle peppers) and the Gouda myself."  Game on.

The long and short of it is, Brian came by last night and brought some of his PC.  He'd waited in case the peppers might be a tad singeing on Bruce's throat.  And the chips he brought to go with it were a brand and type that must have been a Whole Foods purchase since they sure as heck were no Frito-Lay or regular grocery store find.  OK.  I'm back.  I went to get the bag and it says they are a tortilla chip and a cracker, too, made with flax, sunflower, and sesame seeds, oat fiber, brown rice, quinoa, and soy.  Now before you go all "that's too healthy" on me, just chill.  The brand name is Food Should Taste Good and oh, honey, these sure do.  Even eaten alone these kill, so you can just imagine what they are like with Brian's PC.  Out of this world.  Not even in this solar system.

Now my mission is to get Brian to give me a tutorial on smoking cheese and jalapenos.  I asked him last night and he said he would, and that " the cheese is the tricky part."  I know that's right.  The heat has to be super low.   I can just imagine lifting the lid on my Egg to find a giant melted cheese-- gooshed everywhere.  A big old Gouda queso.  Knowing me, I'd just go get the chips and get busy.

I tried to snag a picture of the chips from the Internet but it wouldn't let me copy the picture.  It does say they are available at Starbucks.  Weird but OK, fine.  If you are interested, google the name.  They have a gabillion flavors of them--even a chocolate.  That might be a bit of a stretch for me.  And....maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment