Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Frick and Frack

Frick and Frack are outside working on our garage door and it seems that after over 30+ years, our door has decided to start getting really serious about falling apart.  But it's not the door that makes me laugh--it's the two guys fixing it, that slay me.  They are two peas in a pod and they scream out laughing over the same stuff.  Both love the exact same things (hunting, fishing, the outdoors, hunting, hunting, and especially hunting.)  One of them is pretty handy---the other one---not quite so much.  I bet you can guess who is who but even that part doesn't matter.

 The most important thing to me is how much these two love each other.  My dad and my brother never had a close relationship, so this is a revelation to me.  I've never seen guys like this together with a connection like these two have.  I love to be off in another room doing something, and just listen to them talk.  I'm not eavesdropping--they are just having man yak, in the man cave.  And the TV must be on.  And it has to be on some channel I would not watch, even with a gun pointed at my back.  Then inevitably, they start howling over something--usually something on TV--and the donkey braying, wheezing, gasping for air, laughter starts.  They hee-haw, and hee-haw and hee-haw.  On and on they bray.  I usually have to come watch them because it's so freaking hilarious to see them so out of control and, their laughter is contagious.  Wow.  A father and son who really adore each other.  What a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment