Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Meet my pals

Yep, I've been playing again on this thing and for the life of me, I cannot figure out why there is that big old hole off to the right side of this page opposite the followers so if somebody out there knows what the problem is, for heaven sake tell me.  I am about to go nuts over this.  I know...I know...small stuff, b-i-g drama.
  Anywho, I am thrilled to announce my sparrows are back at our little "water feature" in the back yard, fightin' like two cats in a bag-- when the water is running.  Now,  I don't know why the running water part makes them so feisty, but it just does.  I can hear them inside the house as they scrap and fight and fly around at each other.  There's plenty of water... so what is the big freakin deal??  And, I don't know why I think it's so damn entertaining but I just do, and those little birds are just hilarious.  They kind of remind me of little bitty kids that are siblings and how one of them is always pot stirrin' and sh** startin', gettin' everybody else's panties in a twist, and then the real fightin' starts.  Or, in this case, the peckin' and squawkin', the wing flappin' and the dive bombing.  Boy.... I have really missed them.  There's just nothing like a bunch of birds fightin', first thing in the morning, while you sip your coffee, to let you know all is right with the world.

Yesterday while visiting with a friend, I found out her dog had been garage sale-ing.  It seems the people next door were having one and when she let her Golden Retriever, Elbie outside, her dog went straight over to shop.  Being a female dog, I don't doubt that for a second.  She saw their display of stuffed animals and headed straight for it.  She mouthed several until she found just the right one, a multi colored stuffed animal fish.  Since the garage salers let her have it, the fish is now named "Freebie".

No comments:

Post a Comment