Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, July 5, 2010

We're BOTH ready!

As much as I adore him, I have to admit--I'm ready.  I'm ready for my life to get back to normal, whatever that is, and to have my house back to myself during the day.  I've enjoyed having my patient here but it's time to roll him out the door in a wheel chair like they do at the hospital.  Except in his case, we don't need the wheel chair.  I'm ready to hand him his car keys, phone, etc. and shove him out the door.  Ahhhhhh.  Peace and quiet.  No blaring TV's.  No more Bat Masterson re-runs or Hispanic soaps.  No nasal spraying and the ensuing.snarking" that goes on.   Just me and my nest.  .Yahooooo!

An older friend warned me a while back that when her husband retired, she nearly went nuts.  She said she kept waiting every morning for him to leave--goooooo some where---dooooooo something--but he didn't.  Nope.  Just hung around and basically pestered... her... to... death.  She's now gotten used to him, and having him around a lot-- but she warned me, and I now get it.  Whoa.  Change can be tough.  Now she laughs about it and loves having him there.  He gets to wait for the AC man, the carpenter, the sprinkler guy.  Now that I can relate to.  I knew there'd be an up side in there somewhere.

Anywho, many thanks to all who called to check on Fred and brought him "cold stuff".  As I peel off my Nurse Ratchet suit and hang it up, it feels goodMannnnnn....he has been one pampered guy, but then he's worth it.  Nasal spray and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment