Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, July 2, 2010

Irony

I have seen some things lately that I think qualify.  Some made me laugh.  Some not.  For example, the two UPS trucks parked right near burial plots at Sparkman. (burial place right near us on NW Hwy)  All I could think of was either some poor departed soul had ordered something that was really on back order or maybe some folks were still catalog or Internet shopping from"the great beyond."  Either way it made me laugh.  Then there was the guy begging on Lemmon Avenue, near Central, holding up his little "homeless, need $$" sign.  Did I also mention he was smiling and jammin' on his Ipod?  Yeah...you heard me.  His Ipod.   And he probably had an IPhone 4 in his pocket also.   I'm not sure but I don't think a lot of folks were buying his "need $$" bit.  That one made me roll my eyes and laugh.

Which brings me to Smart cars.  They're NOT Smart.  They are a casket on wheels.  Ain't nuthin' SMART about driving something that's gonna ultimately kill you and it's not an "if"--it's a "when".  Yes, it takes a teaspoon of gas to run but so does a lawn mower and you don't drive one of those on Central either.  I think it should be called "The Casket Car"-- drive it and then be buried in it.  Or, "The Card Table car", since you can bet it's gonna fold up on you the second somebody taps it.  Catchy, to the point, it just says what it is.  No beans about it.

And lastly, smarty pants people.  The ones that give you grief when you can't find your glasses, cell phone, shoes, pants, keys, hat, checkbook, etc.  They priss around as you tear apart the house, when they know they can find your stuff in a nano second.  They love to be all holier than thou since "they never lose anything."  And, truth be told, they usually don't --except now they can't find their (her) glasses.  And she's looked.  Everywhere.  Crap.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment