Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

To can or to freeze....

Quandary for the day:  is it better to make homemade marinara sauce and freeze it, or can it?  Freezing I can handle--it's the canning part I know zero about and from what I've read, takes a whole lot more doin'.  Maybe canned stuff lasts longer....?  I've just been thinking how nice it would be in the winter to whip out some homemade sauce vs that nasty grocery store junk with all the sugar in it.  And the tomatoes are perfect right now so, why not give it a shot?  All I need to do is head down to the Farmers Market and buy some of the seconds--I don't need pretty ones for sauce and they'd probably love to get rid of the not so gorgeous ones anyway.  OK....that's going to be my research project for today--can or freeze.  Just for the record, I'm leaning freeze since it's just so much less hassle, and I freeze everything.  The boys would put it on my tombstone, if I was going to have one, and I'm not.

Now for the second quandary of the day:  why is refusing to carry someone else's shoulder pads because you are a rookie, newsworthy?  They are sweaty, smelly, and yours, so YOU carry them.  Disrespectful?  Nope.  Adult?  Yes.  Stupid?  Very.


No comments:

Post a Comment