Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

He's on the train...

It is with a heavy heart that I type this.  Muff is catching the evening train to Cat Town, after Brian gets off work, in case he wants to go tell him goodbye.  It seems Muff has lost almost another pound and only weighs 7 and either has Diabetes or Hyperthyroidism.  I say either simply because I told them not to find out.  Either way, I'd have to poke a pill down his throat twice a day, or give him an insulin shot, twice a day.  Uh, no.  Especially on the pill part--he totally freaks out and pees and/ or will just go hide.  Dr. Bain totally understood and given Muff's age and general downhill slide, will punch his ticket later today.  Brian was the one who convinced Dr. Bain to let me give Muff his asthma shots instead of dragging Muff in every time so I feel especially grateful that Dr. Bain will be the one to slip him out of this world, to cat heaven. 

I asked Dr. Bain if it's "ugly" and he said "no...quite the contrary".  They sedate the kitty first so he's just really sleepy and then send him out with meds, via his IV.  I love that idea.  To say that I am sad is an understatement but I know it's the right thing to do, given Muff's personality and just who he is.  The pill poking or needle sticking would just NOT be how he'd want to live and I wouldn't want it either. 

I've left a voice mail for Benji and emailed him, but he's recording at the studio today and hopefully won't pick up the message until he's finished for the day.  Ditto Brian.  I just hung up with Fred, and he's just as sad as I am.  Wow.  I had no idea today was the day...but it is.  RIP Muff man.  We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment