Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th

Brian came by last night and asked his Dad if he was making his usual Mexican Chocolate ice cream to celebrate the 4th.  Uh, oh....  Clearly, a "No" was not going to work.  Bruce looked at me and said "Well....I could...." and the rest is history.  After a quick run to Tom Thumb, he was all over it and I knew, basically, to clear out of the kitchen.  He was using all my cooking toys and that was a little more than I could handle, considering how he cooks.  It totally freaks me out so it's just better if I don't know what he's doing, or how he's doing it.  After a quick infomercial on my mixer and new cookware, I hauled, and started reading my book--with my white noise maker on so I couldn't hear him banging around.  

This is his area--he LOVES to make ice cream.  He used to make it in an old, old electric ice cream freezer with the rock salt, the ice, and the NOISE.  It was so loud it sounded like a jet engine, with an ear shattering screech.  He used to wear pink hunting ear plugs while it churned-- in the Utility Room with the door shut.  Not any more.  A few years back, I threw a rod and tossed out his old ice cream freezer/screecher, and told him to find himself a new one.  And he did.  His Cuisinart freezer is purring, as we speak.  Minimal noise, no ice, no salt--no hassle.  Laughing, he just told me he can "set it and forget it".  Keep in mind this man, in his pj's, has not even had breakfast, and he's processing his ice cream.  I'd say he has his priorities in order.

Happy 4th to ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment