Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Stoning.... really??? C'mon.

As a World, I just don't think we can say we've made much progress in the area of Human Rights.  I realize this is a topic I could rag on for days, due to it's enormity, but for today I'll just spout off on Women's Rights--or more specifically the lack there of and STONING.  Stoning...with a woman getting buried deeper than a man.  Stoning a woman accused of  having sex outside of marriage.  And did I mention, she was a widow??  With two children.  Yep.  Her husband died prior to this "accusation".    In my very American book, that would make this woman free of all marital promises and responsibilities.  She is no longer married.  Clearly, that must not be the case in Islam or they change the rules to suit themselves.  And since women basically are nothing more than chattel, do you think there's a woman or women making all these cultural rules and regs?  Uh, no.  It's a bunch of unshaven, mean spirited, angry, scared, dirty, smelly men trying to control an entire culture-- of men and women.  But the best part is this :  I haven't seen or heard a word about her very male co-participant being stoned.  Oh, nooooo.  Not a peep.  And that's if there was a participant-- and any of this actually happened.  If it actually did, you know those nasty old men are just laughing and handing him the pipe to smoke.  And scratching themselves. Ugh.  Oh, well.  Boys will be boys, even in Iran.

And what about the woman's two children?  IF you kill HER, the children are now orphans.  Brilliant.  One more set of children that no one will want due to the oh, sooooo terrible act of their mother (again...IF it happened).  What an unconscionable act--sex.  Seems like the situation just keeps getting made much worse than it originally was.  Welcome to Iran.  Welcome to being a woman in a country where your net worth is that of a Kleenex--disposable on a whim-- by a male.

Clearly, I wouldn't last a millisecond in Iran. If my family didn't kill me for not buckling under, I'd have done the job for them.  There is just no way I could live like that--whether I'd been raised to believe all that BS or not.  Knowing there was another way to live, in the West, would not really give me hope.  I think it would merely render me terminally depressed.

On a final note, for now it seems the widow will not be stoned--they may just kill her another way.  Wow.  Unbelievable.

P. S.  I was just reminded by a friend that there's be a special place in Hell reserved for peole who do stuff like this to others --even in Islam--and there won't be any 72 virgins waiting for them either.  I laughed my head off!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment