Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Tomorrow

It was brought to my attention this morning by a chronic Internet researcher that the new medication Wigman is on just happens to be a form of doggie morphine.  Well, allrighty then.  If he turns into a dog drug addict I can deal with that.  But I did have to laugh.  Eeeegads.

Tomorrow is the one year mark on one of  the scariest and worst days of my life--so far.  And in order to make the day one of reverence for the gifts we were given by Brian's life being saved after his motorcycle crash, I am going to take the day off from blogging.  No smarty pants comments, no sarcasm, and no random posts---just an all day appreciation for God and His miracles.  I thought yesterday I might send emails to all the people who were so kind, supportive, loving, and who prayed so hard for us, thanking each of them for what I remember they did for us.  And I do remember.  In fact, I remember it soooo clearly that in trying to craft the emails, it actually re-traumatized me, thinking back to that time.  When all those memories came flooding back, it practically unglued me.  So, instead I decided to just thank you all here, however generically, and let you know that your actions will never be forgotten.  And I am profoundly grateful to each and everyone of you--even if you aren't a lurker or a follower.  I figure as long as I write it here in black and white, and post it, who ever needs to know will know.  Somehow.  Some way.  That's how the spiritual world works.  You do the legwork and God does the rest.

I also have one more plan for tomorrow:  I'm going to send myself flowers.  Yep, I am.  I've never done that before and I'm just gonna do it.  I love flowers more than anything and I think I'll just sit back, relax, and enjoy looking at them.  And thank God for taking such exquisite care of Brian, and all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment