Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My dog squeeze

My man dog is in here with me in one of the freshly laundered white chairs.  Yeah, I know....bad idea if you want the chairs to stay white longer than a few days but he's old, so I let him.  In an attempt to prevent a "hair chair" look, I took off my robe (washable, remember) and put it down first.  He likes his people's smells, it comforts him, and I figured it might just get fur on my robe v the chair.  No wonder I do not work at NASA.  All he did was spend several minutes "digging" and "snooting" (re-arranging with the snoot) my robe until I couldn't stand it any longer, and the robe was essentially in a ball.  So much for the covering the chair idea.  He is now smack dab on the white chair cushion fabric, with my white throw tossed leisurely over him.  Yeah...I did that, too.  And he is happy.  And snugly.  I can tell because when he's really comfy, his breathing slows down, and he sounds like a dog version of Darth Vader.  Frankly, for him, I can't think of a lovelier way to spend the morning.  He was up early, had a little dog breakfast, has been back out, and is now back to dog dream land.

Before he came in here with me, he wanted to go out front so I went with him, carrying my coffee. I'm never really sure what he wants these days as I do not yet speak fluent "Whine", but I am working on it.  So far, I speak enough to get the job done.  Whine is a difficult language to master let me just tell ya.  There are all kinds of subtleties that I just do not get yet.  The dementia whine (nothing specific), the go outside whine (slightly different), the I want what you're eating whine* (I have that one down), and the I don't want my food but I'd sure like yours whine*--* see previous whine description.

Anyway, he is hilarious to watch.  Ever the independent man dog, he has to look and sniff for ages to find the perfect blade of grass on which to tinkle.  And then once he's finally found it, and his mission is accomplished, he has to hang around and bark, and let his 'hood and his homies know he's still here.  He adopts a "don't mess with me" posture that's totally hip and happenin', and then he barks at nothing.  Undoubtedly, that has to be my favorite part : an almost totally deaf, half blind, practically toothless, wobbly back legged, ferocious barking, macho man eater.  Gotta love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment