Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, July 18, 2010

They deserve each other

Hello, Houston....we have a problem.  It seems that Sister now thinks my office chair here by the window is HER'S.  She wants it for one reason and one reason only--as a squirrel watching perch.  She's learned to jump up in either chair--mine or Bruce's--and it's a somewhat death defying leap since both chairs swivel and roll.  For a fat girl, this is a true leap of faith.  She's even thrown caution to the wind before and jumped though the armrest opening-- practically knocking her brains out. Only to try it again.  The second I get up out of my chair, she makes a running leap for it. 

And here's the absolute most sickening part: we are thinking of building her a window seat so she can safely watch and relax.  I know ....that's just totally over the edge but maybe with a little ramp, we could knock out the jumping part.  Bad for a fat girl weenie dog's back.  Yes, it might interfere with my computering--so we may just have to put it on Bruce's side since he's gone during the day anyway.  I know he'll love that idea.  His fat black dog right next to him so they can watch for prey--together--on his side. 

I think it's only fair that this impact Bruce--after all, he created this hunting monster and has fanned the proverbial flames with all of his squirrel talk to her.  He's the one that grabs the pellet gun and shoots --and then let's her carry the dead squirrel to the trash.  It's not that I protest the squirrel killing--my motto is the only good squirrel is a dead squirrel.   They chew everything--my outdoor pillows, the fence, the eaves, etc.  It's all the hunting frenzy and yapping that makes me nuts.  And the dead squirrels in the trash.  Want to guess who's yapping right this second?  Yeah, her.

No comments:

Post a Comment