Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pizzzzzzzzaaaaaaa!

Later today I'm going to try yet another Big Egg experiment--pizzas on the grill.  I don't know why but this is just something I've got to do--today.  I made my usual grocery run yesterday in preparation for this evenings festivities, so I am ready, all except for the dough.  That I'll do around four or so, in the food processor, and then it has to take a nap for a little while, which is fine, since so do I.  I'll go kick back and read while it makes gluten, or whatever the heck it needs to do.  I've got prosciutto, goat cheese, sliced red onion, fresh basil, homemade basil pesto, Parmesan cheese, kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers etc., and then the usual pepperoni, in case Brian comes by.  Since this is a DIY pizza bar, I wanted to have lots of choices.  By late afternoon, there's just no telling what I'll have added.  (If Sister keeps whining, she may be on the list.)   The Ina Garten recipe I have calls for arugula, but I think sometimes it tastes bitter and kind of like weeds, so I punted on that idea.  I might make homemade pizza sauce and then I might not--I've got to finish my book so that could get in the way. 

Sorry.  I'm back.  I had to take a minute to go let Wiggles in here with me.  He was sitting at his doggie "jail" gate in the kitchen, wailing worse that Lindsay Lohan.  He's happy now and quiet as a mouse, right by my feet.  Bet she's not, but that's another story, isn't it? More later on Pizzaville.

No comments:

Post a Comment