Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, June 27, 2010

All five senses-enjoy them


Since my patient now requires a slightly lower level of care, I decided that gave me license to fire up my Egg again and play with my toy. The mesquite chips are soaking in a bowl in the sink, the chicken legs and thighs are seasoned and resting, prior to their descent into mesquite smoke hell, and in a few I'll head out to light up that old gal. I don't know yet if Fred will be able to eat the chicken but I know Brian definitely can--we'll see how Fred does with it. It still may be too early for him.
Since it takes virtually no time to heat her up to a paltry 300 degrees, I can lounge around a bit longer. It's mostly shady right now in our back yard, so combining watering and smoking seemed like a good use of my water wand and my time. My wand is purple iridescent and makes for the gentlest shower of water ever. And I love the sound it makes....a soft woosh-zush....almost makes me sleepy when I hear it. I love that thing....there are just some toys that are worth the price and especially if they are a multi sensory purchase.

I don't know what it is that now makes me take such delight in smelling things, feeling stuff with fingers (or emotions-- unless it's pain) , hearing sounds that are soothing, seeing colors that thrill & delight me, and the taste part needs no explanation. It's almost like I'm a toddler again but one with wisdom. Maybe it's because life has s-l-o-w-e-d- d-o-w-n for me.....I now have time to just diddle, laugh, piddle, enjoy. I don't care what the reason is. I wouldn't trade this phase of my life to be young, thin, and hot, for anything.
I just checked my Egg, my fire is almost there...I think I'll grab my iced tea and head back outside and just enjoy being out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment