Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, June 13, 2010

BGE's forever


I fired up my BGE to cook beef tenders last night and she delivered--AGAIN. I watched my CD/DVD on BGE cooking and found Kevin Rathbun's rib eye cookery helpful. Basically, I just copy catted him. He said to fire that gal up to 600 degrees and I did. He said to put your steaks on for two minutes, shut the lid with all the vents open and wait two minutes. And I did. After two minutes, burp the top open so you don't smell like smoke for a week, and then flip the steaks. Wait two more minutes. Do it one more time and you should be right at medium rare/ medium, depending on thickness of your meat.

Meanwhile, Brian came out to see what his crazy BGE cooking mother was doing. My tenders didn't get quite the char I wanted on the first go round but by my last two minute flip, we were there. Oh, man, were we there.

Brian almost freaked when he saw the temperature gauge and how hot my fire was, looked at me like I might need my brain scanned, and then helped me pull the steaks off. (At 600 degrees, I needed some longer handled tools since my nails were almost melting.) He then proceeded to eat two steaks, salad, and rice, and took a third one home for dinner tonight. Doggie bags rock.

Then while I cleaned up, they waited for the brownies (oven) and ice cream for dessert--- and watched TV. Usually the Y chromosomes do it, but I let them off the hook since this was probably an early Father's Day, for Bruce. Next Sunday he'll probably want me to puree his dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment