Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, June 25, 2010

She was this close....


Sister is so sad she's almost inconsolable. You see, today is "Take Your Dog to Work Day", and she was all over it. We'd discussed it and she'd been planning to go with Fred, for weeks. She packed up her little dog back pack with her lunch, a few toys, and a blanket for snoozing. She was even up early, tail wagging and whining, hoping her Dad was up and getting ready. Uh, no. He was still in the bed asleep-- and she got me instead. Can I tell ya what a downer it is, first thing in the morning, to be second choice? Man....that will let the air out of your tires for sure. Pretty insulting. And a real downer, from a dog. At least Wigman was thrilled to see me. Back at ya, Sis.

Now, Wiggles had never planned to visit--he just wanted a day off from Sis-- to sleep and not be pestered. He was planning to hang here with me, eat whenever he wanted, since with Sis gone, his food could stay down. (If she sees his, she eats his and then hers.) He could have the big green water bowl all to himself and even sleep in Sis's bed-- just to let her know he had. Smoke on that, Sis.

Since Muff had an asthma attack in the middle of the night, I need to try to catch him and take him in for his check up, and pick up his shot. Yep, I give him his meds, too. This Nursing thing just goes on and on.

I have identified yet another job I never want--and that would be yardman. I mowed yesterday for Fred since the yard needed it and I needed the aerobic workout. The total body hot yoga sweat like you are on fire, cause YOU ARE, type purge. Now, yes, I could have hired one of the yard guys to do it--that's what I did last week when I was beat. But oh, no....this week I was gonna do it myself. Is it just me or can you hear the "toddler" in that? And then I watered all the pots, all the hanging baskets and the new gardenia bushes so they'll make an easy transition. We have sprinks so I let them do the rest. And let me just say this: Hell will freeze before I do that again, even at 8:30 AM, in this heat. Yardman?? Off my list.

2 comments:

  1. Tell Sister she was missed. Maggie and Sadie had so much fun hanging with Phil, and checking out the Coke machine in the kitchen. Maybe next year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told her and she said she wants a "rain check" since it was her Dad that couldn't come--not HER.

    ReplyDelete