Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, June 10, 2010

T-minus one week and counting...


It appears Bruce is taking the same approach to his surgery that most people do for a business deal. The due diligence he's done is probably really smart and the way any of us should approach any surgery, but it's also scaring the wang dang doodle out of him. And wearing some people o-u-t. On the way to dinner last night, he was rattling off the list of possible complications that could occur. To which I said "Uh huh." And he went off like a A-bomb..."well, I DON'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN". On and on he went until he finally came up for air and realized he just is having pre-surgical anxiety. Typical. Nothing new there. And I am howling. A surgery newbie....or at least none for 40+ years. And that really is a newbie--every thing's changed in 40+ years, thank heaven.

Since this is purely his deal, I asked him to let me know what he wants to try to eat post op and I'll put it on the grocery list. Oh, Lordy....he's been reading all the message boards so now he's thinking no dairy--fine by me. I'll do that. For how long??....Well....he's not sure. Have I seen his list yet? Uh, nooooo. He's still working on it.
And he and the insurance lady for his surgeon's office are well acquainted. Ditto his surgeon's nurse and his anesthesiologist's office. Numerous calls, numerous emails. I told him not to make too big of a pill of himself or his anesthesiologist might decide to put him to sleep-- and not wake him up. You should have seen his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment