Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Crunch!



The old gal came down as planned yesterday and it was fun to watch. I got there well into the demolition and only my room upstairs, the chimney, and a few other spots were left to bring down. I chronicled the last moments in 18 shots and sent them on to all family members. I was asked a couple of times if I needed anything, by the demo guys and the new builder--code for "what exactly are ya doing here?", despite the fact I was snapping pictures. When I told them this was my old family home, we were suddenly all fast friends and yucking it up. They wanted to know if there were lots of "memories & tales" hitting the dirt, and I assured them there were. Some I could tell, some not, and they all laughed.

I ran by this morning and they were still trying to carry off the old broad in hunks and chunks so maybe after dinner I'll swing by to see how it looks. I'm also thinking this makes a "busy" after dinner activity for someone who needs to keep his mind off surgery. They've now bumped Bruce's surgery an hour later since they had to put a little boy in ahead of him. He's probably getting tubes in his ears so that'll be quick. A quick flip of the OR and we're in the chute, up next.

One of Bruce's generous cousins, AB, has already bought Bruce some gelato (Tiramisu & Almond) for next week when he's stopped his anti-dairy campaign, after surgery. I think AB should come over and she and I should just eat it in front of him....and then tell him how deeeelish it is. And how wonderful it feels sliding down our throats...heh, heh, heh. We know he can dish it out but can he take it.....it's gonna be fun finding out. Nothing like having a Harris male, flat on their back, totally dependent...LET'S GET THAT PARTY STARTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment