Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, June 24, 2010

It says whaaat???

I think I've found something worse than swim suit shopping. Bathroom scale shopping. Oh, Lordy. They should be required to have a self serve smelling salts dispenser in that area. A few days ago I went looking and my first stop was Bed Bath and Beyond. I found them, grabbed one and hopped on. Whoa. No big shock but I knew it couldn't possibly be correct so I grabbed another one. Not realizing I had grabbed the " Sista Gurl Tell It All On Yo' Bad Self" scale, again I hopped right on. Lord love me, I nearly PASSED OUT. All of the sudden up came BMI numbers, actual weight, water content, and something else I am trying desperately to block from my consciousness--probably bone density or something equally as off-putting. I must have shrieked because another lady started laughing. That scale flew back on the shelf in a nano second. Listen here.....just knowing the actual weight number is bad enough. Who could possibly want all that extra stuff other than maybe an anorexic? So, on I went. By the time I finished, not one scale in the bunch had weighed me the same amount, and the swing was 7-8 pounds different. And while I briefly considered buying the one that weighed me the least, and believe me I got on many times, I decided to push on to Target.

Unfortunately, Target was the same experience only less scales to choose from, so I decided to drop back and punt, and to Amazon I went. Case closed. My scale should arrive next Thursday which is fine by me. I am in no hurry to jump on that evil liar. I would almost have paid them to ship it by way of China.

No comments:

Post a Comment