Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Meet the Girls!!





Well.....lookah heah what the Fed X man just brought me. Shooooweeee....Harris bought me a new set of cookware as an early thank you for taking care of him. Isn't that nice?? He just knew that's exactly what I'd need to keep me happy and busy, while he's convalescing. (Never mind he has no clue about it--I did it for him, to be thoughtful.) And I AM HAPPY! I just cleaned out all the old stuff and with a song in my heart, walked it straight out to the trash. I wouldn't even offer that old stuff to anybody. Buh, bye.

Now, lest you think he cheaped out on me, I assure you what I got is the Ultimate Tri-Ply Clad Cookware: it is Stainless Steel+Aluminium Core+ Magnetic Stainless Steel and is heavy as lead. This stuff should easily last me until that last batch of enchiladas. The final, end of the trail Tortilla soup. When I'm just too old to sling the old pots and pans anymore....they'll still be kickin'.

And I did my research, too. I studied, I watched the cookware comparisons on America's Test Kitchens where this was hailed-- they almost knelt when discussing it's virtues. And now for the best part: while any of you foodies are just 100% sure it's a set of $$$$$$$ ALL Clad--it isn't!!!!
I bought it on the Internet from WALMART and it's Tramontina--second place to ALL Clad-- and no other brand within reach. Now, be seated so I can tell you how much it was. $199-on roll back from $249, thank you, Mr. Roll Back "Derrell". Shipping was $0.97, and with tax, $216.00 for ten pieces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL Clad would have come in around $1,200-1,700 and I don't know about you but that's just a whippin' where I'm from. And these are even shaped like ALL Clad. The only difference? They don't say ALL Clad. I can live with that. They have a set of eight pieces for $149 but I wanted the bigger skillets in the ten piece. Hey....Go big or go home.
I can't wait to get to know my new friends.

P.S. I will post on Belclaire's demise tomorrow, may she RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment