Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

After making my water run up to the garden, I've decided we're bout done. I have nine tomatoes on the vine, eight of which should be ready in a day or two. That last green one may pick up some speed once the others are gone but after it's ripe, the two sad looking blighted tomato plants will be hitting the dumpster. They have no more blooms and have essentially waved me the white flag. In fact, if I get a big head of early morning steam up, it's ALL gonna hit the dumpster. The three tiny little carrots can stay and if they think they can hang on, fine by me but I'm not going up there to water three itsy little carrot plants. Nooooo. I'll still take Sis up there every nite to run around (and Pigglesworth if he wants to go) but no more gardening until Fall or until I can find something to grow that blight can't kill. Like maybe plastic.

This has been a lovely Father's Day--cool and quiet--with both boys calling to check on their dad and Brian is here now, with a gift for his dad. He was laughing as he gave it to his dad saying "you may want to hold off on this for awhile...". It was a gift card to Chipotle. Ouch!

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there! You guys do a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment