Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, June 5, 2010

To pull or not to pull....

Uh, oh.....Muff must have read my blog because I can't find him. He was with me part of the night and now he's hiding somewhere--probably pissed off. That, or his tooth is hurting. I just checked all of his usual hiding places-- the ones I know about-- and no Muff. I also checked my bed to be sure he wasn't wrapped up enchilada style in the sheets, or covered up by my duvet. No Muff. Usually the minute I'm up, headed to make coffee, he's up, jabbering and wanting to eat. I didn't check under the bed, though, and that's probably where he is. Since "curiosity killed the cat", I had to go check and sure enough, there he was. And he spoke, so he's definitely not dead. Cat caper closed.

Since it's time for his yearly Vet appointment, I may try to see if I can catch him today and just take him. Anyone with a cat knows what this entails-- stealth, nonchalance, brooms, running, grabbing, clawing, possibly being peed on, and that's just Part 1. If you are unlucky enough to miss your target, you are done for the day and you start again the following day. And since he's psychic, he already knows what you are trying to do, especially if you blow it Day 1. Somethings up with him, so I might as well see if I can snag him. I just called and they can't see him until tomorrow anyway so that gives me plenty of time to hone my cat catching skills.

Well, lookey here........here's the old bad boy now. I had to call him several times (when he's sleepy he's not real fast on his feet) but he's totally fine--all except for the tooth. It's leaning all the way over. I'll try to get a picture of it....this you've gotta see. Hmmm....I've got a pair of needle nose pliers right here beside me and that tooth is just hanging....hmmmm..... maybe I can lure him into the Utility Room just in case it gets "crime scene" looking, post pull. Dare I attempt such a feat?? I think I'll need Fred's help--- and he'd totally love something like this. (Will she or won't she?) Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment