Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Plastic Surgery


As I was closing out of Yahoo, after checking some mail, I saw a recent picture of Sylvester Stallone, with his two daughters. I swear to heaven, I thought it was a wax replica of him, with his daughters on either side. Nope. I'm sad to say it wasn't. He has had sooooo much plastic surgery he just looks like wax. I knew he had a paralyzed facial nerve from a rough delivery, but this is something else. He's scary looking--and not in a Rambo kind of way. Whoa. Which brings me to a list of men's worst plastic surgery results: Kenny Rogers, Bruce Jenner, Mickey Rourke, Jerry Jones, Wayne Newton, and various other older gay men who waited too long. And it's not like the men have first place all tied up--there are plenty of women out there who are just as scary, if not worse. Maybe I'm just used to seeing women with bad jobs so that when I see a man with one, it's doubly shocking.

Now, don't get the impression I'm all purist when it comes to having a little work done. Oh, no, Kemosabe....quite the contrary. I've had some myself. The key is not to wait until you look like you need work done, to do it. Nip, tuck. Nip, tuck. You don't want to wait until it's all slid down to your knees to try to haul it all back up. You do a little bit at a time and you do it early. And you have to know when to stop. The more you do, the more it shows. Exhibit A: Joan Rivers, Michael Jackson, ....you get the drift. And Botox? You can, but I wouldn't. I don't want people to have to guess how I feel. The blank look I see enough of over at The Plaza, thank you very much.
The moral of the story is, less is more and check out your surgeon! If you see someone who has obviously had work, see if you can find out who did them (sneakily and carefully), and write that name down. In the DON'T column. And hang on to it. Ditto the people who look good. Some will fess up--some won't. Remember, it's your face....you are going to have to live with it.

And, the BGE chicken rocked last night. Not bad for a first try though it needed a little more seasoning, to be up to Kay Barry's standards. Man, she set the bar up HIGH. I can only hope I can ever get near that.

No comments:

Post a Comment