Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Yesterday/Today update

I am so tired I am slap happy but I knew I had to get some of this down before my brain went offline, as it does fairly often these days. Today's funnies have included the guy at the hospital who camped out at the WiFi area and made it his own personal office. He proceeded to stroll around the entire waiting area orating into his cell with an earpiece microphone (not Blue Tooth) discussing "deals". What a windbag. I ended up privy to way more than I wanted to know about his wife's surgery, while he pontificated ad nauseum. People watching is just hilarious!

Once I got Bruce home, Sister went into a frenzy. She knew something was up and once I got him in the bed, she stationed herself in the hall, right near his door, and whined--continuously. I finally just picked up her bad self and let her see him, smell him, and see that her squirrel hunting man was OK. She has been on patrol ever since. Up and down the hall, to the kitchen to snag any low lying food, back to patrol. Right now she's across from me in one of the big white chairs, licking her feet, with her whole body turned so she can hear, feel, see him. Wonder if I could talk her in to taking the 11-7 shift tonight?? And Muff...Muff, Muff, Muff. He barfed as a welcome home greeting. Please. Somehow I just did not have cat barf on the list for today.

And last but not least, my Super Dooper Face Freezer for Bruce's sinuses and nose. They sent us home with this contraption that is supposed to velcro around his face and it does--that's not the problem. The problem is, when you put ice in it, it leaks. Oh, ....that. Another design flaw fiasco that could easily be fixed but isn't. Anywho, if you ever need a great ice pack, head to the freezer and whip out a sack frozen peas, blueberries, etc. They fit perfectly across the bridge of the nose (or other places) and with the head contraption, velcro right in place. Voila'...."look Ma, no hands." It's snooze city. In fact, it worked so well let's just say I had to throw some blankets on somebody to bring their core temp back up, after he fell asleep wearing his. It seems he got a wee bit nipply....oops.

Bruce has now had breakfast of every soft non-dairy thing I could think of, is medicated with his antibiotic, nose sprays, pain meds, and sporting a fresh Hitler patch gauze dressing under his nose. When Brian came by last night, it was the nose patch that threw him under the bus...that, and a totally stoned dad.
So far, so good, and bless modern chemistry for liquid Hyrocodone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment