Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ribs...uh, huh

It's late afternoon or almost and the ribs are snoozing in the oven, so I decided to take a quick blog break. I had hoped/planned to blog on an entirely different subject today but that didn't work out. Hopefully that topic will get covered later in the week or next week. I needed pictures and they are in process of being made.

My pal, Adre', just left and gifted me with the Big Green Egg Cookbook so now I am in a total frenzy for tomorrow's delivery. She couldn't understand why the ribs I'm cooking weren't waiting until tomorrow, for the Egg, and the reason is...because...well, I finally figured out what was wrong with the grill, so that green-lighted the ribs. That, and I just wanted to cook them. Even though the electric igniter on our grill just bought it, there was gas in the tank, so we're cookin'. One match and poof.....we are in bidness'.

My ribs do double duty--a spin on the grill to char 'em up a little and then into the oven. None of this sissy stuff of not getting a little sweaty outside and then hitting the AC. Do it right or don't do it. This IS ribs after all, God bless 'em. Once my Egg gets here tomorrow, I have a feeling old Mr. Gas grill is gonna hit the scrap heap or head to some worthy Salvation Army person. Fine....by...me. I'll even throw in the unused gas tank if it's not an explosive risk on their truck.
Fred's favorite thing to do is park unwanted items outside in front by the curb and then see how fast it disappears. The last thing he put out set a new Harris curb record--it was gone in a couple of hours and while our neighbors may not enjoy it, I personally see it as recycling. If ya need it, take it. He may try it with the grill. I never know what he's gonna do.

With this last part, I'll close. Brian came by last night for dinner since I'd texted him and said "come eat". As soon as he'd snarfed up a huge taco salad, I told him I'd finally bought an Egg. He's heard me wail about it for several months and gives me the business every time I mention wanting one. I was in the kitchen, and the next thing I heard was Bruce bragging about what a cool thing the Egg is, and how it cooks EVERYTHING. As I rounded the corner, he'd pulled up a picture of the Egg, on his computer, and was showing it, to... my... baby... boy. I liketa d-i-e-d. I stood in the doorway with a what??? look on my face, as Brian howled. I swear I think those two plan stuff like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment